Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Changes.

So, our house closed last week - finally! I'm so relieved. With the baby due anytime now - we're down to the last two weeks! - it's something that we really wanted to get wrapped up. We're REALLY happy with the property. It's a 3 bdrm, 2 bath on 2.5 acres, and it needs a little work, but overall it's a really neat house. It has a wood stove! I'm pretty excited about that. The kitchen is a nice size, and we're getting a new sink, faucet and propane range :D. We're also putting in new carpet, and putting in a propane tank, since the house is all electric right now. The roof is getting another layer too, so that's really nice. We repainted the master bedroom and the living room because they were pretty disgusting. Nasty shades of pink and brown... but now they're a bright white. It's amazing how much light the white paint reflects now. It's perfect! So, we're pretty darn excited about everything. Next week we're gonna tackle the deck, which has some rotting spots. We're gonna change out some boards and repaint it. Eventually we're gonna paint the house a dark brown with green trim, so we'll go ahead and paint the deck brown :D. Also, we hope to eventually put granite counter tops in the kitchen, which will look REALLY nice. But that's for another time, since granite is kind of expensive.
I think what I am mostly excited about, with this place, is not so much the nice house, but the fact that it's out of the park! I've been really tired of this place for a long time. Any place where you're not allowed to have a garden or pets, or children is a pretty miserable place for me to be. I have a need to be outside, and nurturing something. People say the mountains, or the beach replenish them, but for me it's the grass and dirt, neither of which are very plentiful here in the valley :(. So I'm *really* excited to have a garden, and get my dog back, and have my baby! I can't wait. I'm so excited for Addie's arrival. People are asking if I'm nervous, but I really couldn't be more ready. All I feel is excitement, and eagerness. She's so perfect already. I can't wait to see her, but at the same time I'm glad she's still growing and doing great in there. Plus the longer she stays put, the more time we have to move and get settled into our new place :D. I'm glad I haven't had any contractions or anything yet. I've opted not to get "checked" either lol...I don't need to know what my cervix is doing yet! lol... it'll happen when it happens ;). I'm going to mostly labor in the birthing tub, and I've decided that I want Jamie and me to "catch" her lol, instead of the midwife. I really want our hands to be the first thing she feels. God, I'm so excited. It's going to be so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment