Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moved in!

So Jamie and I have moved into a new apartment. It's a very nice space, all to ourselves except for the family upstairs. What's more, I don't have to constantly worry about being kicked out.
See, we've been living together for something like 6 months out of the last year. Jamie had an apartment up in the park itself, but since it was employment housing and I'm merely a contractor for the company, I couldn't officially be his roommate. However, when he didn't have roommate I could stay there, under the radar. So I stayed for about 3 months before they made him get a roommate, and I had to go back to my place (which I'd kept). He had the roommate for about 3 months, then that one left, so then I was able to again move in with him. This lasted about another three months and then it was getting down to the wire for him to get another roommate. Since we so wanted to stay together we just up and moved into a new place. It is really a nice setup, and such a load off my mind! We're in Midpines, closer to his family, and best of all out of the park!! It was unbelievably stifling to live in the park itself...so many people crammed into one small space. But now we're out. We are going to be able to live here for six months. We're hoping by then we'll have moved out to a new place with a new job for Jamie. He's currently trying to get into the California Highway Patrol, but may not make it. They have some pretty strict protocol. So we're checking into different departments over the state. Either way, we'll be outta here before summer really kicks in. I can't wait! It'll be so good to be near a real city again. It'll most likely be easier for me to find more steady work as a massage therapist at a spa, or even a chiropractor's office. The more steady income will DEFINITELY beat out the higher wages here.

No comments:

Post a Comment