Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Friendship.

I've been thinking a lot about friends lately. I think I was kind of spoiled in this aspect because when I was growing up I always had REALLY good friends. I think L.M. Montgomery refers to them as "bosom" friends in Anne of Green Gables. Basically it's a person you can share anything with, one who really "gets" you, as though you were meant all along to be friends...I think really it's like the perfect friend, someone who complements you very well, and who has the same style of communicating and with whom you have that perfect balance of sharing with one another. I've always had one of these, if not two, but I think that in my ideal world every person would have and be a bosom friend. I think I would like to know each of my friends this way, but the truth is that not very many people are cut out for this level of interaction or understanding. I'm coming to terms with the fact. I find it pretty amazing actually that I've found so many in my life up to this point. They kind of come in and out of my life, but I've always had the privilege of knowing really good, special people at one time or another.

1 comment: